Education Programs and Opportunities

WRNMMC Education Process

The education process for Wounded Warriors at WRNMMC is explained here.

Near-Term (NT) Education Program

The Near-Term Education Program for Wounded Warriors begins when a WW becomes an outpatient in the Warrior Transition Unit (WTU).

Long-Term (LT) Education Program

The planning of Long-Term Education begins while the Wounded Warrior and spouse are in outpatient status at the MTF.

Education Opportunities

University of Maryland University College (UMUC) and Central Texas College Bachelor and Masters Degree Programs

This article provides information about how courses taken by wounded Warriors at Walter Reed, Ft Meade or Ft Belvoir can be transferred to colleges and universities by the Wounded Warrior once discharged or goes home all around the country or overseas.

Veterans Retraining Assistance Program (VRAP)

The VRAP program is a joint effort by the Department of Veterans Affairs and the Department of Labor to offer additional educational and/or training benefits to unemployed Veterans 35 to 60 years old that do not have any remaining GI Bill benefits. If qualified, you may be eligible to receive up to 12 months of Montgomery GI benefits leading to an Associates Degree or certification for a high demand occupation.

Visit the VA web site for more information or to access the online VRAP application available. To complete the application you will need to know your direct deposit information (bank routing number and account number), the name and location of your school, the program you wish to pursue, and the high-demand occupation you are training towards.

Tutoring for Active Duty Service Members

tutor_comThe Department of Defense is now offering unlimited access to certified, professional tutors 24/7 through partnership with This service is available to active duty personnel and their dependents, as well as the dependents of Wounded Warriors and survivors.